Halloween Night

Logbook Entry : 00064
November 1st, 2010

Sunday had come and there was nothing I was looking forward to more than the dance later on that night. I had such butterflies just thinking about this dance. Maybe I might be able to sneak in a dance with Sophie tonight. Maybe her boyfriend will not come because he will have come down with a horrible cold that has him bed bound. But, I know I could get so lucky.

So I decided I was gonna go as Spider-Man. I had ran to the store the other night and picked up the costume. I didn't want to wait til the last minute and risk not finding the costume. I did however have to search in 3 stores until I found it. Anyway. I had a few hours to waste until Yorick and I were able to go trick or treating before dance. The town had chosen to have the trick or treating this year during the light hours for safety. I would imagine that the town dance had something to do with it as well. So my plan was to go gather some candy and then head straight over to where the dance was being held. The clock never moved so slowly!

Finally the time came for Yorick and I to head out. There were so many people out this year compared to years past. Lots of ghosts and witches, pirates and clowns. I counted 2 more Spider-Man costumes, and there she was, Sophie. She had dressed up in the most beautiful fairy costume you could have ever imagined. She was floating in every direction she chose. I don't know how she did that but it was amazing. She hadn't notice me, but someone else did! Her boyfriend, Jessie. He was standing on the other side of the street from where Sophie was and he was now heading over in my direction. Once he got to me, he wasn't happy at all. He had caught me staring at Sophie and just about drooling. He had mentioned that this is not the first time he caught me doing so and if I didn't cut it out, He would have to do something about it. He had also found the poem I wrote Sophie, in a notebook I had accidentally left at the library the other day. Jessie was none to pleased, and just when I thought that things just might get worse, Sophie came over to save the day.

She was wondering what was up and how nice it was that Jessie and I were hanging out. I didn't have the heart to tell her about the true nature of our discussion, even thought you could tell she noticed. The look on my face was nothing like the look on my face the other times we had talked. She had mentioned that the houses on the other block were a jackpot for candy if I hadn't been there yet. I thanked her and told her that I should be on my way. Just before I went, she asked if I was still going to the dance and I had to tell her I wasn't. She looked disrupted by this as I had told her a couple of days ago, I would. I had to leave now so that I could not see the look on her face as I walked away. I could feel her eyes shed a tear as I walked away. I could also feel the stare of her boyfriend, filled with gratification. What a jerk that guy is. She deserves much better. And one of these days I might just stand up to him and give him a piece of my mind.

0 comments: