The Trip to the Library

Logbook Entry : 00063
October 28th, 2010

I had been wanting to go to the library for some time. Either I had work around the house to do or a soccer game to play. And since the soccer season had ended, I had found myself with a bit more time.

The weather today was quite warm. So warm in fact, it was a beautiful day to walk to the library. I needed a good book to sink my mind into. Everyone knows my mind has been preoccupied lately. It was time to do something about it. So Yorick and I headed off to the library. What kind of book should I get, I thought. I thought about fiction, non-fiction, fantasy, biography. Finally I settled on a book that I had read several times before. "Of Mice and Men." It was my favorite book. I couldn't wait.

A 15 minute walk on such a beautiful day to the library, only to be fulfilled by a good book a night. But there was about to be a twist to my trip to the library. No sooner, did I walk into the library, there she was standing down a row of book. Sophie. She hadn't noticed that I had showed up at the library, so I scooted over to another row. I hide behind the books to find out if she was with her boyfriend, Jessie. I watched and watched and there was no sign of him. So I walked around to the row she was in and said my hellos. She was there looking for a book too, of course. I suggested "Of Mice and Men" and she thanked me and we walked over to where it was. She took the book and a conversation had ensued. She had told me she was getting away from her boyfriend for the day as he had said some hurtful things to her. He hadn't realized what he said until she left for the library. They were so bad, I will not repeat them. But we talked for about a half hour until it was time for her to head off. She said goodbye and I to her. And just as she opened the door, she turned and asked if I was gonna be at the Halloween Dance on Sunday. I had told her I didn't even know there was a dance, but since she asked, I would be glad to go. She then smiled at me and continued out the door. I watched as she walked away. I watched so long as she walked away, I totally forgot about where I was until Yorick started scratching at my leg. Once I came to, I looked down at Yorick and the first thing that came out of my mouth was, "Oh no! Yorick! What am I gonna wear?"

I panicked and ran home! I forgot about getting another book at this point. Sophie had taken the only book he wanted anyway. I was happy to let her get it instead. I made it home in record time, sat on the front porch and filled my mind with so many ideas! "I got it!" Yorick looked at me with excitement! "I'm gonna be........."

0 comments: