Off to Oklahoma - Part 3

Logbook Entry : 00059
May 2nd, 2010

Who knew that 3 hours would seem like 1! There was no way we had been flying for 3 hours. The airplane pilot told us we would be landing in a half hour and that we should begin to put our things away and to get buckled up. Things were about to get scary again for me. And for Yorrick too! I can't wait to have him in my hands again.

The plane started lowering as we approached the runway. We could see the ground again as it grew closer, lower and lower we got. Oh man, those arm rests were again getting much use as I was gripping it with everything I had. Closer and closer. Closer! Closer! CLOSER! I closed my eyes. I couldn't look. I mean it looked like we were gonna crash! Seriously! But as I had my eyes closed, I heard the sound of tires touching down on the runway. 1 tire, then you could hear another and finally the last. I opened my eyes and found that the plane had started to slow down. We were in Oklahoma!

Once I got off the plane, I now had to find out where to pick up Yorrick. Oh ya and luggage too! I just followed people until we arrived at the luggage carousel. They started going around and there he was! Yorrick! I grabbed him right away and my luggage was right behind it. I couldn't believe how easy that was. I opened the carrier that Yorrick was in and he jumped out into my arms. Oh I missed him so much. I could only imagine what he was going through under the plane all alone. So we began to head outside of the airport, got on the bus and it brought us to were our rental car was.

The ride to Goofy Girl's house wasn't that long once we got into our rental car. I found her house quite easily. We walked up to the front door, knocked and waited. The door opened and we were at the wrong house! It was the house next door! So we went to the house next door, knocked on the door and waited. The door opened and there she was, Goofy Girl. She invited us in and welcomed us to her Boxing Buddy Bed & Breakfast. She had told me that we came just at the right time. There were a bunch of other friends visiting and they were just sitting down for breakfast. So we headed out back where they were and joined them. I met some really nice friends, Confetti Bear, Reader Rabbit, Gary Groundhog, and Rose Penguin. We chatted about everything from where we were from and what kind of food we liked, to where our favorite place to hike is. Unfortunately, I found myself leaving the table early. The noise of the plane had given me such a headache, I needed to go and rest. I told everyone I had fun hanging out with them but I need to head off. I hope to get to hang out with them again soon. I need a nap!

0 comments: