Off to Oklahoma - Part 2

Logbook Entry : 00058
May 1st, 2010

As I sit in my seat, fingers gripping the arm rests, the plane slowly begins to move backwards away from the gate. My heart began to beat faster and faster. I was feeling so scared at this moment. The plane came to a stop and you could hear the engines kick on. The plane was now moving forward toward the run way. I couldn't help but look around the airplane to see if anyone else was going through the same feeling that I was. It didn't look like it. So I was alone. Yorrick was under the plane probably as scared if not more scared than I. It would seem as though the plane just kept going. Where was the runway I wondered. And then it was there. The pilot let us know that we were going to take off in a moment and that we were second in line for take off.

We sat there, waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Waiting even longer and then movement. The plane moved forward a little and then stopped again. This time, it seemed as though we were there even longer than the first pause. I thought that someone was messing with me. I would have liked nothing more that to get this over with. You can not imagine how scared I was. The arm rest had notches so deep, you would have had to pry them away with pliers. Suddenly, the plane moved forward and turned facing down the length of the runway. This was it.

The engines started to roar like a nothing I had ever heard before. Louder and louder they got, when without warning, the plane let go. I was stuck to my seat as the plane started to move down the runway. I started to freak out so bad. I looked out the window and everything was moving past the plane at a high rate of speed. Panic was at full force in my body causing a tear to form in my left eye. As I was glued to my seat, I could feel the nose of the plane life up. This was it. Now or never. Now! Now! Now! I closed my eyes! I couldn't look anymore! I could feel the wheels still on the ground through my seat and then nothing. I opened my eyes and what I saw was beautiful. I could see everything! The ground grew further and further away. After about 15 minutes, the pilot said we were almost at our flying altitude and that we could take our seat belts off. I chose to keep my seat belt on. No way man was I gonna take it off! So the pilot also said it would be about 3 hours until we land so relax and enjoy the view. As I took his advice, I looked out the window to find lots of fluffy clouds. It was ever more beautiful than on watching the ground. From time to time we could see the ground through an opening in the clouds, but mostly, it was all clouds. I wish that Yorrick could see this. Oh geez! I forgot about Yorrick! He must be freaking out!

0 comments: