Off to Oklahoma - Part 1

Logbook Entry : 00057
April 30th, 2010

I woke up bright and early to make sure I had plenty of time to get to the airport. Grabbed my bags and loaded them in the car. Hopped into the car and headed down the street. Just as I got to the end of my road, I had realized that I left my plane ticket on the counter where I was to not forget it. So much for that. So I turned the car around and returned to get the plane ticket.

Once I had the ticket and hand, I headed back to the car and continued to the airport. Traffic to the airport was light as it was early in the morning. the sun hadn't really come up yet, hiding behind the trees.

I got to the airport with about an hour until I flew out. I had to say goodbye to Yorrick as they would not let him on the plane. He had to go under the plane with all the other animals. Of course, I hated doing that but he is more than just an animal. He is my best friend. I will worry about him. So away they took him. Yorrick was staring at me through the gate of the carrier he was in. I wanted to cry. But away he went out of view.

The next hour seemed to go by slowly. I watched as planes arrived and took off, trying to keep my cool as a little baby wouldn't stop crying. Finally, they called out my plane and said we can start boarding. I got in line, handed over my plane ticket and boarded the plane. I found my seat which happened to be next to the window. I hoped I would have had the seat next to the window and I do. I looked out and saw people loading up the luggage onto the plane. I looked to see if Yorrick had yet been loaded, but I didn't see him. He must have been loaded already.

Everyone took about 15 minutes to board the plane. All the luggage was loaded and we were set to take off. The airplane pilot introduced himself and welcomed us onto the plane. We said we were about to back up onto the runway and he hoped we enjoy the flight. Oh man! This is the first time I have ever been flying! I am so scared right now!

0 comments: