I Almost Forgot Easter!

Logbook Entry : 00048
April 4th, 2010

You know, if it wasn't for the fact that the Easter Bunny left a basket for Yorrick and I, I would have totally forgot that today was Easter. Yorrick had waken me up early in the morning, way earlier than I cared to wake up. He was hopping around like a little rabbit himself. He did this of course until I climbed out of bed.

Slowly, I stumbled down the hallway to the living room to find that in the window was a small wicker basket. It was filled with chocolates and peeps and jelly beans. As I was checking out the basket, Yorrick began to claw at the front door. Usually this isn't something that Yorrick does. He usually waits for me to go for my morning walk to go outside, but this morning he was excited to go out. To my surprise, when we had both gotten outside, there were plastic eggs of every color scattered around in my front yard. I couldn't believe my eyes. I ran quickly back inside the house for a bucket. Headed back outside to collect all the plastic eggs I could find. There had to had been 20 or so eggs. I opened one egg to find it was filled with a quarter. I opened another to find another quarter. Another egg with the same result. After collecting every egg I could find, I opened them and quarters filled every one of them. All but one. One of the eggs had a note inside of it. It said "I hope you had fun collecting all these eggs!" It wasn't signed. The Easter Bunny must have left the note for me. I found it very thoughtful of him to do that.

With the eggs in hand, Yorrick and I went inside for only a brief moment. Afterwards we headed back outside to go for our morning walk. I have to say, it was one of the longest walks I had ever taken with Yorrick. I was still so tired. So tired that when we got home, I went to my bedroom and plopped into bed. I hope that Yorrick doesn't do that ever again. I don't know if I could do it all over again. So, I closed my eyes and fell asleep for what seemed to be 5 hours. When I opened my eyes, I was greeted by Yorrick, but this time in a much nicer fashion. It must have been time to eat. We hadn't eaten all day.

I went into the kitchen and whipped up some mash potatoes, stuffing, broccoli, and carrots. I sat down on the dinning room table and Yorrick on the floor beside me and we began eating out dinner. "Happy Easter," I said to Yorrick. He looked at me and meowed back. As I was eating dinner, a big box truck drove by slowly. Curious, I got up out of my seat to see what was up. The truck ended up stopping at the house next to mine. It had been for sale for some time and if I was correct, it looked like I was about to get a new neighbor. I better hurry up and finish my meal so I can meet this new neighbor.

0 comments: