My Name in Lights

Logbook Entry : 00047
March 30th, 2010

With all the fame that has landed in my lap lately, television and in the paper, I have to admit that it really hasn't gone to my head. Until I saw my name in lights. While driving down South Main St. in Concord, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my name plastered on the sign in front of the Capital Center for the Arts. Had someone been inspired by my story that they felt they should write about? Had I gotten to be that big? I had to find out.

So I pulled over and trudged out into the rain. As I walked up to the Capital Center, I couldn't help but stare at the sign. It was so beautiful! I must have been staring at it the sign for a few minutes, because Yorrick started clawing at my leg. I looked down at a soaked Yorrick and thanked him for snapping me out of my trance. Of course, I hadn't realized I was soaked as well until I made it to the front door of the Capital Center. I reached for the door and found that it was locked. I peeked inside to find out if anyone was inside but saw no one. So I noticed there was a poster on the window next to the door I was peeking in. I looked at it to find that Hamlet was actually a play, not about me. It was a play written by Shakespeare. Disappointment set in. I turned around and started back to my car. I can't believe what I had just seen.

As I returned to my car, Yorrick and I both soaked head to toe, I began to think about how all this attention had actually gotten to my head. Of course, I had realized this until just now. I really liked being in the lime light, but maybe it really isn't for me. I started the car and drove down the street. I stopped at a red light and looked over at Yorrick. He was looking back at me and that's all it took. I don't need fame. All I need is Yorrick. He gives me all the attention I need. Without him, I don't know. Thanks Yorrick.

0 comments: