Connecticut Trip - Part 1

Logbook Entry : 00050
April 13th, 2010

Well, after a trip to Connecticut, boy do I have so much to talk about. Unfortunately, I have something else to talk about first. I will have to tell you about my trip a bit later. First and foremost, I have a new Neighbor!

After a week of waiting, my new neighbor finally moved in. I no longer had to wait to see who this person or persons was. It was Friday when I finally saw a vehicle parked in the driveway of the house next door. I didn't want to look to much like I was excited to get a new neighbor, so I walked outside and along the road. Luckily, this new neighbor had just came outside. We both said hello and I introduced myself. I must not have blabbed to much about myself he was rather willing to continue the conversation.

His name is Hunter. He had just moved from Florida. He had mentioned not really liking the weather there, since it rains almost all the time. I didn't want to tell him, but it had rained here all the time.So sometime during our conversation, he had asked me if I was doing anything on Sunday and I told him I was heading to Connecticut to visit a friend. He said he was thinking of checking out the town but if I wanted some company, he would love to come along on my trip to Connecticut. I thought about it for a moment or two and told him he was welcome to join me if he wanted. He said he would love to and is looking forward to hanging out with me.

So the next morning. hunter was waiting for me outside by the car and we headed off to Connecticut. We chatted it up all the way, making the 3 hour drive seem more like an hour ride. At one point we decided it would be a good idea to pull off the highway and use the bathroom. At this point we were in the car for two and a half hours. It felt so good to get out of the car and stretch our legs. The town we stopped in was named Killingly. It wasn't much of a town but we did find a really nice park. honestly, I forget the name of the park, but it really doesn't matter, right? Anyhow, the park was nice. There was a pond in the center of it. It looked like the perfect pond for ducks. I asked someone where all the ducks were and they said it still is a bit early for ducks. I needed to visit the park in about another month. So Hunter, Yorrick and I hung out at the park for about a half hour before hoping back into the car. Once we got back into the car, we headed to Norwich. We were gonna stay over night and look at what Norwich has to offer.

0 comments: