Boston, Massachusetts

Logbook Entry : 00055
April 25th, 2010

Sunday morning, I woke up to someone knocking on the front door. I quickly got up and find out who it was. As I was heading there, I put on my slippers and my house coat. I opened the front door to find Hunter standing there. He asked if he woke me up and I had told him he did, but it wasn't a big deal. I really should have been awake by now. He apologized anyway and said he had a question. He had 2 tickets to a Red Sox game and he was originally supposed to go with his brother, but he didn't feel well enough to go to the game. Unfortunately, that left Hunter with no one to go to the game with. Fortunately, that brought Hunter to my door step, asking me if I wanted to go with him. I couldn't say no.

So the game didn't start until 1:35 in the afternoon, so we felt that if we were gonna do any site seeing, we should leave early. We did, giving us about 3 hours til game time. Once in Boston, the first place we headed to was Boston Common. None of us had ever been to Boston so this was all new to us. The people seemed rather nice. Even those sleeping on the grass using trash bags for pillows. I just couldn't understand why there were so many people asking us for change! Why change! Everything looked wonderful there! Anyway, after a brief stop in the Common, we walked down the Freedom Trail past some incredibly old buildings, to Faneuil Hall, where we did some more site seeing. There were shops of all kinds. Unique foods to gift shops to places to buy footwear. We just looked around, since we wanted to make sure we had plenty of money for the baseball game. From there we headed to a park where Interstate 93 used to be. It is now underground, where we were standing.

While in this small park, Hunter happened to find a lobster. We hadn't the slightest why it was in this park, but my guess, it was lost. We weren't anywhere close to water, and even if it managed to travel all the way from the water, there were so many busy streets to cross. So as we watched the lobster crawl across the grass, Yorrick decided he was gonna investigate. We all walked closer behind Yorrick and as he creeped closer, I warned him not to get to close. The lobster seemed quite tame, but once we were all surrounding the lobster, it turned around and grabbed onto Yorricks tail. Yorrick started crying and began to run around in the park with the lobster still attached. Finally the lobster let go as Yorrick continued to run. Clear of the lobster, Yorrick stopped and turned toward the lobster. He just kept staring at it and didn't dare to move in any closer. I think he learned his lesson. In the distance, we could see a clock tower and it was about an hour until the game started. We decided it would be a good idea to start heading to the game. As we began walking, Hunter had realized that his Red Sox hat fell off. He told me to keep walking and he would just run back , get his hat, and catch up to us.Hunter caught up to us as we arrived at the subway station. We got on the train heading to the game and were amazed by how cool it was to be traveling underground. But in only lasted about 10 minutes as our trip was short. We look forward to riding again since we will need to ride the subway again after the game was over. So, once we arrived at ground level, we headed around a corner........ and there it was. Fenway Park. This place was HUGE! I had seen tall buildings, but never had I ever been somewhere such as Fenway Park. We hurried inside so that we could try and get an autograph before the game, but no luck. We did manage to get some nice pictures at field level. We headed to our seats and the game started shortly there after. The game went back and forth. The Orioles scored first, 1-0. Then the Red Sox scored next, taking the lead, 4-1. The score stayed the same until the 8th inning when the Orioles tied the game, 4-4. In the bottom of the 9th inning, it looked as if the game was gonna end with a Red Sox winning, but it wasn't to be. The very next inning, the Orioles scored 3 making the score 7-3. The Red Sox tried to make a comeback, but only managed to score 2 before making the final out. The Orioles won the game.

We had lots of fun at Fenway Park. Hunter would of had a better time at the game if the Red Sox had won the game, but was excited to just be at the game in the first place. He was happy I went with him and hoped that we would do it again sometime soon. I told Hunter about my plans to travel to Oklahoma on Thursday and he wished he could go but said he remembered something he had to tend to at home which would take up his time for most of the time I will be gone. He did say he would be willing to collect all the mail I get while I was gone. I thanked him for offering and accepted. When we got home we went our ways and I went to bed. I was very tired after a day of excitement. Tomorrow I need to get up early and start packing. Only a few short days before I fly out.

1 comments:

Team Safari said...

Nice story! Too bad the team lost, but glad you had fun anyway. It's nice to have a friend who'll take you to Fenway!

Team Safari